ITAG announces its 3rd AGM scheduled for Friday the 11th July 2020.
For the first time in its history and due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, ITAG is organizing an online AGM with the following agenda.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF THE GAMBIA 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. Ascertain Quorum – Secretary
2. Record Proxies – Secretary
3. Opening Prayer – Vice President
4. A Speech from the President – President
5. Presentation of ITAG Report – Vice President
6. Presentation of 2018 Financials – Treasurer
7. Election of Office-bearers
NOTICE OF ITAG ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Noticed is hereby given that the 3rd ITAG Annual General Meeting will be held online on the Friday 11th of July 2020 at 4 pm prompt.
The purpose of the meeting is:
- To elect the Board of Directors. Voting members may make nominations for the committee to be elected at the AGM. This will be done by sending the nominee’s name, the post for which they are nominated and the names of both the proposer and seconder.
- To consider and thought fit pass any resolution that will be considered as a special resolution.
- Review the ITAG Workplan for 2020.
All members are free to attend but voting rights are given to paid Corporate, Corporate SME, Startups and IT Professional members at the Annual Meeting. A member can also appoint a proxy to attend and vote in their place. However, a proxy need not to be a member of the Association. Individuals who are disqualified from voting on any resolution are unable to vote a discretionary proxy. Enclosed with this Notice of Annual Meeting is a Proxy Form. For the appointment of a proxy to be valid, the form must be deposited at the offices of the Association so as to be received no later than 48 hours before the start of the Annual Meeting or adjourned meeting at which the person named in the instrument proposes to vote, or in the case of a poll, not less than 24 hours before the time appointed for the taking of the poll, and in default, the instrument of proxy shall not be treated as valid.
A corporate member may appoint a person to attend the Annual Meeting on its behalf in the same manner as that in which it could appoint a proxy. The Proxy/Corporate Representative Form must be signed on behalf of the company by a person acting under the company’s express or implied authority.
For an ordinary resolution to be passed, an affirmative vote of a simple majority of more than 50% of the votes cast by those entitled to vote in person or by proxy is required. Each of the resolutions to be voted on by members the Annual Meeting is an ordinary resolution.
Dated this 9th June 2020. On behalf of the Board of Directors
Members can delegate a proxy for voting through this form: Click here
Members are encouraged to nominate for the following positions up to 3 weeks before the AGM.
- President Click here for more info
- Vice President Click here for more info
- Treasurer Click here for more info
- Secretary Click here for more info
- Youth Representative Click here for more info
Members can nominate through this form: Click here